Thursday, December 31, 2009

Raw Month Begins Tomorrow

Tomorrow (1 January, 2010 - Happy New Year) I am starting Raw for January - a whole month of eating raw vegan foods. I'm nervous (the preparation... oh the preparation), but I think I can do it with the support of my girls! At the moment I eat about 60-70% raw foods daily, but it's a pretty big leap to 100%. This blog is just to document my month and beyond - how I feel, what I'm cooking (or un-cooking, rather), what I eat, what I'm thinking, whether I'm achieving the Raw Glow and Raw Buzz, what I miss, what I love, etc.

Things I think I'll miss:

- chickpea curry
- mashed potatoes
- vegan mac & "cheese"
- palusami
- roasted taro
- pretzels
- hommus
- felafel
- hot fruit crumble desserts
- homemade vegan cupcakes (in a BIG way)


Things I am looking forward to eating with abandon:
- young coconuts
- red papaya
- fresh almond milk
- freshly-pressed juices
- white nectarines by the truckload
- spiralised beetroot 'noodles' with macadamia oil
- pecans
- fruit and nutmilk shakes with coconut oil
- raw cacao (nibs, beans, and powder)
- chia pudding
- buckwheat 'crispies' with nutmilk
- macadamia butter
- Larabars

Let's fucking do it! Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment