Also...
Does anyone know where I can order yacon syrup by mail order within Australia? My usual raw shops are sold out and have been for a while. :(
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Breakfast of Gardeners
It's that time again - Mama and I are off to clean up the yard at my childhood home. I've made us some smoothies for energy. They're made of: frozen banana, frozen raspberries, frozen blackberries, an orange, a white nectarine, raw macadamia butter, Celtic sea salt, a bit of agave syrup, and some mesquite, maca, and lucuma powders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the sound of this! Yummo! I have never heard of mesquite, lucuma and maca...what are they M?
ReplyDeleteThey're so-called superfoods, R! They've got different properties but basically they're supposed to be full of nutrients. Maca makes me very buzzy in a good way (unless I have too much... then I feel like I'm dying haha). I think you'd really like lucuma in your shakes - it has a maple syrupy, fruity, sweet potato sort of flavour which is delicious in fruity frozen shakes.
ReplyDeleteI really like mesquite. sometimes I'll use that in a milkshake for a malt-caramel taste.
ReplyDeleteAs for buying Yacon Syrup, can you buy online? If so then have a look at Loving Earth/Loving Earth (They're Aussie & they also sell the best raw choc!): http://www.livingearth.com.au/Yacon_syrup.html
Michelle (Health Food Lover)
http://www.healthfoodlover.com/hfl/
Thanks Michelle! Quite a good price, too :)
ReplyDeleteI like mesquite too, I love that caramelly taste it has.