Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What I'm Drinking - Spicy Green Juice

- half a large cucumber
- three carrots
- two red apples
- two pears
- one large tomato
- one large lemon
- one large bunch of watercress
- large handful green grapes

Run all the ingredients through a juicer and serve over ice.

It's spicy, sour, tasty, and gives me a lift!

4 comments:

  1. It's been recommended I substitute breakfast for green smoothies or juices.

    Are you SURE this is tasty? Because it sounds like it will taste like arse...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll probably think the juice above tastes like ass if you aren't used to green juices :P, but green smoothies can be delicious, I promise!

    If you start with about 80% sweet fruit (mangoes and pineapple are particularly good at camouflaging the 'green' taste) with 20% greens (spinach is pretty mild), then increase it as you go, I think you'll get used to it and hopefully enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip - after Easter I'm going to start. Do you use a blender or juicer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a blender for my green smoothies, and blend the leaves and fruits whole (peeled and seeded where appropriate). They're much more filling and still have all the fibre that way, and I count them as a meal.

    I use my juicer when I'm wanting something a bit lighter. I don't count my juices (like the one in this entry) as a meal; I usually make one when I'm pottering around on a weekend doing housework. I throw the leftover pulp in the garden, but some people use it for raw cakes/cookies/breads etc. :)

    ReplyDelete