Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Disorganisation

Busy day. I was really disorganised this morning, which was terrible. As I hadn't organised my food for the day very well, I was hungry a bit, and when I was hungry I was cranky. I didn't have much time to eat anyway, which made it worse. And then I came home and did more sewing, so dinner wasn't much of a priority.

- cacao cinnamon crispies with macadamia milk and frozen cherries
- salad of mixed leaves, mango, yellow nectarine, carrot, avocado, lime juice and macadamia oil (not big enough!)
- a large mango
- key lime pie Larabar
- handful of macadamia nutcheese
- handful of apricot coconut crispies
- (get ready) a few chunks of cacao butter
- yellow nectarine

No wonder I was grumpy and tired all day; that isn't enough food and there's not much going on there besides a whole lot of buckwheat and a bit of fruit. Some of you may be disgusted by the fact that I ate chunks of cacao butter... basically I was popping little bits of pure fat in my mouth and letting them melt. I freaking love cacao butter though; it's like the purest unsweetened white chocolate. I'm convinced it's good for you and your skin anyway, hehe.

I promise to pick it up again soon! 30th January is the last day of my Raw month (I know I should technically go until 31st, but I've been invited out to dinner at one of my favourite restaurants on 30th... I can't say no! :P) so I haven't got much time left on strict raw.

Here's what I've found has happened to me while eating Raw:
- I have more energy
- I feel optimistic and generally more positive
- my skin, while it has never been bad, looks smoother and better (Raw Glow! Raw Glow!)
- I feel clear-headed
- the line between hungry and satiated is clearer; I know exactly when I've had enough as I subconsciously push the plate away or I think that the delicious thing I'm eating is no longer delicious
- I haven't had any lengthy or strong cravings for cooked food (although I am looking forward to certain cooked foods, for example, a lentil burger, in the forseeable future)
- I sleep deeply and I wake up early and refreshed
- I am more relaxed
- as long as I stay fed, I feel like I'm on a natural high
- the buzz from eating maca or cacao is intense!
- eating Raw isn't as hard or complicated as I thought it would be

No comments:

Post a Comment