Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Frugality

My groceries today came to under $50 including a couple of cleaning products. I was pleasantly surprised; my weekly groceries are usually around the $120-$140 mark (that's pretty extravagant for just one person, huh?). I'm learning to cut down, plus buying nuts, agave (10L drum bought online was a good buy, even if I had to outlay a lot in one hit) etc in bulk helped, I think. I didn't find any white cherries, but I did buy what was labelled a caramel fruit (pictured in the right hand corner near the salad). I've never heard of them before. I hope it's nice.

Today's Menu:
- a banana
- some almonds
- fresh juice: pineapple, apple, strawberry, raspberry and blueberry from a juice bar. I'll pass on this combination next time, thanks. It was WAY too sweet! I like adding vegetables to all the juices I make.
- red apple
- a carrot
- white nectarine
- some pecans
- big salad (pictured): mixed leafy mild greens from the markets, Swiss brown mushrooms, yellow nectarine, dulse, tomato, celery, walnuts, green beans, spring onion, raspberries, macadamia oil, lime juice
- samples of the food I'm dehydrating at the moment

2 comments:

  1. That's an abiu! We used to grow them when I lived in Far North Queensland. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abiu! Thank you! I'm just reading more about them now... It was delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete