Today:
- the last bit of the raw spiced oatmeal with dried fruits, with a quick sesame milk (blended unhulled tahini with water and agave syrup)
- some dried apricots
- big plate of salad at the party: mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cucumber
- Cherry Pie Larabar
- large orange, apple, beetroot, carrot and celery juice
- white nectarine
- green grapes
- raw apple cinny flaxseed 'roll'
- half a green capsicum stuffed with cashew paprika 'cheese' and pine nuts. And shredded red cabbage, spinach, celery and sugar snap peas in raw apple cider vinegar and olive oil dressing
Good night!
Makia - I thought I should let you know I had the pecan pie larabar on Saturday... Thumbs down unfortunately. It actually tasted of nothing... Big disappointment. And don't get me started on the Jocolat bars...
ReplyDeleteThat's a shame! I love pecan pie, so to hear that is a real downer. Thanks for the feedback, Kitty!
ReplyDeleteOh dear, what are the Jocalat ones like? I have one in my pantry that I'm planning to eat in February.
Thar's okay. I would give it a try as everyone likes different things but I just found that the flavour of the pecan was overwhelmed by the dates and the almonds. It didn't taste anything like pecan pie for me.
ReplyDeleteThe Jocolat bar was fine, just tasted more of cocoa than chocolate for me which was a bit of a disappointment. I thought the chocolate coconut ones were far superior - the sweetness of the coconut complements the cocoa beautifully. I have banana bread and apple pie still to try...
Have just discovered you can buy larabars on Amazon! The shipping is insane but you can get all the flavours you can't get here! But if you really want to be a domestic goddess, here is a recipe for making them at home: http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2009/05/homemade_larabars.php
ReplyDeleteOoh thanks so much Kitty! I'll check it out for sure. I'm very keen to make my own Larabars actually - might do that when I can get raw nuts on special :D
ReplyDeleteShe has a fabulous blog! And it doesn't sound like it's too hard to make them either!
ReplyDelete