- raw cacao, sesame and hazelnut buckwheat crispies with quick macadamia milk and raspberries (pictured - I made the milk saltier than usual, which was really nice with the sweet crispies)
- large salad (pictured, and this was probably the best salad I've had for the last two weeks): mixed green leaves, coriander, flatleaf parsley, mango, white nectarine, celery, carrot, sugar snap peas, raw macadamia and red pepper "cheese", lemon juice, avocado oil
- banana
- shared a handful of raisins with my nephew
- stick of celery
- apple cinny flax roll spread with macadamia butter
- smoothie (pictured): coconut water, frozen banana, lots of frozen raspberries, mandarin, virgin coconut oil, maca powder, sesame seeds
- a few tastes of lime kiwi coconut raw "yoghurt"
Yes, I finally got my butt into gear and made the yoghurt I've been meaning to make. I hacked up three young coconuts, froze most of the coconut water in ice cube trays, used some in a smoothie, and scraped all the flesh out. I love hacking coconuts open. Maybe that's the Islander blood in me, but there's something fun and relaxing about going to town on a coconut husk with a big cleaver :). I'm really happy with the yoghurt results (adapted only slightly from another wonderful Sarma Melngailis recipe) and I have enough for three serves.
I feel like I had a really decadent day. It's amazing to me to think I've been eating so much food in the past two weeks, but I haven't touched wheat, soy (although next time I go to the market I plan on picking up another tub of miso), pasta, rice etc... and I don't miss them. I really feel great. Once this month is over I do look forward to introducing them again, but in far lesser amounts. I do feel, however, that I could do with eating more greens, sprouts (I haven't eaten any sprouts! Crap!) and more sea vegetables at the moment. I've doubled my daily wheatgrass powder intake (I don't bother writing that in my daily list as it's more a supplement - currently the only supplement I'm taking) and even though that's a piss-poor substitute for fresh greens, it's better than nothing, I guess.
Today I had a big-time hankering for chia pudding, so I'll have to make some soon. That stuff is the gear. It tastes good, has a great texture, and is good for you.
Bedtime now! I'll post more detail about the yoghurt tomorrow.

-769762.jpg)
-770884.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment