Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Ink

Tattoo session went very well! I'm really pleased with how it's taking share. My next session is in three weeks.

Last night was my first (and last) restaurant dining experience during my month of raw eating. It wasn't painful; a plain, large garden salad with LOTS of avocado, and I was happy. I'd made a smoothie to drink before I went anyway, just to make sure.

- smoothie: pineapple, frozen banana, vanilla, cacao powder, maca powder, frozen blueberries, water, macadamia butter, coconut oil, Celtic sea salt
- a banana
- a few Brazil nuts
- cherry pie Larabar
- large red apple
- dried figs, dried apricots, half an apple cinny flax roll
- some almonds
- smoothie: mandarin, frozen raspberries, yellow nectarine, cacao butter, Celtic sea salt, water
- large salad of mixed leaves, carrot, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and avocado with lemon juice

Only one more week of 100% Raw left! I'm still feeling great, but admittedly not as wonderful as weeks 1 and two. I put that down to not enough salad and fresh greens, and too much dried fruit and other dehydrated foods (crispies, anyone? I've eaten almost all of the two batches I made) and Larabars. They are excellent convenience foods, but I feel like they work more magic for me when eaten as snacks, with main meals being vegetable based, with fresh fruits and nuts. The concentrated foods were a great source of energy today, however! My total travel time to and from the tattoo shop was 3 hours, and I had four hours of tattooing (which is notorious for getting my blood sugar low, which in turn makes me shake and puts a fog over my brain). Just having those convenient snacks on hand kept the brain fog at bay when I felt it approach. I also drank even more filtered water than usual (about four litres; normally I can get away with much less as the water content of my food is usually much higher) so I think that helped.

I'll definitely be juicing some greens for an afternoon snack today. I'm looking forward to a leisurely Sunday... I do have a bit of housework to do but I'm using the excuse that my skin hurts too much from tattooing to do anything laborious (ha! Lazy!). Thank heavens for a big washing machine with a delicates cycle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment