Monday, January 4, 2010

Mixed Herb Pesto with Beetroot Noodles

I bought some coriander the other day, and I wanted something quick and tasty for dinner tonight. I came up with this!

- Beetroot Noodles with Pesto -

For the pesto (I won't bother with measurements - taste as you go until you're happy with it): I processed fresh coriander, basil and mint (home grown :) ) with pine nuts, cashews, garlic cloves, fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of Celtic sea salt in my mini food processor. I added extra virgin olive oil and processed again.

To serve: I piled the pesto onto spinach leaves and a spiralized beetroot (to make 'noodles'), and added yellow grape tomatoes.

I have leftover pesto for tomorrow, to eat with vegetable sticks or something like that.

The 'Summer of George' episode of Seinfeld is on now. I love this one!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so tasty, I love beetroot but I usually just bake it, will have to try something like this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raw beetroot still has that earthy flavour but is still nice and sweet. Definitely try it! I also love spiralised it with just a bit of macadamia oil, lemon juice, and some sea salt. :)

    ReplyDelete