Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Vague Recipe - Pineapple Cucumber Gazpacho

I can't express how good this tasted, although it admittedly didn't look all that tantalising! I got the recipe from Raw Food Real World, and adapted it just a little.

I blended the flesh of one big pineapple, one large, peeled cucumber, one large green chilli (a mild one - seeds removed), one small brown onion, two large pinches of Celtic sea salt, juice of half a lime, a big handful of coriander leaves, a few tablespoons of macadamia oil, and a tiny bit of ground nutmeg in the blender until it was fairly smooth but still had a few chunks. I ended up adding a bit more lime juice and a little bit more salt to balance the flavours (the two pineapples my aunty gave me are very sweet and juicy).

I ate a big bowlful with a few yellow grape tomatoes and some chopped macadamias. It was so fresh and good, and took all of 15 minutes to make including peeling the pineapple and cucumber. I'd like to try making other types of fruit-based, salted/soured soups now. I'll blog any successes (or failures!).

Tomorrow's lunch: leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment