Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Raw Mood

One thing I have really noticed since I started Raw Month (I've been going for seven days now, and aside from one brief and weak Coca Cola craving, everything has been peachy) is my mood lift. I'm not naturally a sad person, nor am I one of those perpetually upbeat ones (I envy them), but I am a bit of a STRESSHEAD/Angry Soul normally, and I do enjoy the more-than-occasional Soapbox Rant.

Not this week!

This week I have been generally fairly happy, optimistic, relaxed, chatty and peppy. I've felt more organised, I'm more productive at work, and I'm definitely calmer. Oh! And I haven't been swearing as much as I normally do (I normally swear like Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast, but now I swear 10% less than Gordon Ramsay. True facts.). Coincidence, or am I on the Natural Raw High that I've read about so often?

Either way, I like it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally believe the raw diet is pepping you up! lol. Peppy, great word.

    I can be a little grumpy anger ball - I need to get myself into gear and eat more fresh foods. I don't have the willpower to do raw. If you can do this, you can do anything M! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is! I'm extremely full this morning though after stuffing myself stupid with a giant smoothie... oof.

    I really noticed a general mood lift when I went vegan, but now I feel even better. I feel high most of the time! :D I'm the same as you, R - I feel cranky and irritable when I eat loads of processed foods :)

    ReplyDelete